Getting Out Of Your Own Way, is a straightforward and thorough guide to uncovering and dissolving many of your hidden limiting beliefs and blocks – the ‘Resistance’ – the unconscious saboteurs that stand in the way of your progress.
“Getting Out of Your Own Way by Andy Hunt is pretty much the best book I know of for tackling our negative and limiting beliefs with the help of EFT and NLP.
It offers a well structured, no-nonsense process for working through the unhelpful beliefs that rule our life and block our progress.”
Masha Bennett – UKCP Accredited Psychotherapist and EFT Trainer
Who Is This Book For?
How do you know if you suffer from ‘Resistance’? Here are some common symptoms:
- Difficulty in making a start on a piece of work: Do you find yourself constantly putting back your starting time and never actually getting going? Are you often waiting for the “right moment” to start or for inspiration to strike you?
- Craving diversion: Does the need to tidy your room, do the shopping, surf the internet and so on become irresistible whenever you contemplate getting down to work? Are you easily distracted from your work by friends and social opportunities?
- Ineffective working: Do you spend a lot of time at work but end up with little to show for it?
- Last minute rushing: Is all your work finally done at a breakneck speed the night before the final deadline? Do you often think you have not left yourself time to do things properly?
- Missed deadlines: Do you feel you are always asking for more time and making excuses? Are you losing opportunities and respect because you are always late?
- Nagging guilt: Is your time off relaxing spoilt by the continual feeling that you ought to be working? Do you often feel you have achieved less than you should have?
- Disappointment and self-reproach: Do you feel you are letting yourself down by putting things off? Do you think of yourself as lazy? Do you compare yourself unfavourably with others because of your procrastinating?
In this book you can learn simple processes to bring limiting beliefs and blocks into awareness, then use Emotional Freedom Techniques (EFT) based processes to neutralise those blocks so that you get on with what you want to do without procrastinating, dragging your feet, avoiding the work, all the ways in which we get in our own way
The techniques in this book combine EFT and NLP (Neuro Linguistic Programming) approaches that I have developed in my own personal exploration of what gets in my way when I set out to achieve something.
The techniques are simple and practical. You don’t need any advanced EFT or NLP training to make use of them, but you do need to know how to do EFT (if you have no experience of EFT you will find a brief introduction at the end of this book which will give you an understanding of the basics).
This book is for people who want to discover and change their limiting beliefs. It is suitable as a guidebook for therapists and coaches to help their clients explore what is stopping them, it is also useful for people who want a self-help guide to spotting and eliminating the blocks in their own progress.
Why Did I Write This Book?
I am a recovering procrastinator. I used to be a top class foot dragger. If there were ways for me to avoid doing things I would find them. I was a master at starting projects and then finding a way to have them fizzle out or limp along in a half-hearted manner. When I started my own business this “skill” because a disadvantage. I’ve been experimenting with ways to get out of own way ever since.
This has been a long, slow process. I’ve read many books, listened to a lot of recordings, attended seminars, workshops, NLP and EFT trainings. Out of this stew of influences I started to develop ways of identifying and working with my blocks.
After each success I got a little more room to manuever and things got easier. As a result of several years of experimentation and progress I came up with the Getting Out Of Your Own Way method.
I use this approach for myself on every new project, because I am much more likely to finish what I start, doing the work without excessive stress or any of my old foot-dragging. Life is a lot easier for me and others who have attended the Getting Out Of Your Own Way workshops and applied the techniques.
What You Will Find In This Book
This book will give you a step by step process for uncovering and resolving unconscious limitations and blocks, techniques for starting and completing your projects.
Chapter 1: The Resistance
This chapter introduces us to ‘The Resistance’: all the blocking forces that stop us from getting where we want to go.
Chapter 2: What Do You Want?
“Not only do we have to do things right, we have to do the right things”. If you are going to work towards a goal then you need to be sure that it is a good one. This chapter discusses what you need to have a good goal, introducing a check-list that you can use to decide whether you are starting with the right thing for you.
Chapter 3: Meet The Blockers
In this chapter we dig a little deeper into ‘The Resistance’ to look at two of the main blocks: fear and limiting beliefs.
Chapter 4: What Are Limiting Beliefs?
This chapter goes into more detail about limiting beliefs, what they are and how we can spot them. We also learn how to find out how strongly you believe what you believe, an important skill that we will use later on.
Chapter 5: Two Ways To Stay Where You Are
This chapter introduces a simple model of the ways we get in our own way: the “The Wall” – the blocks that stop us moving forward, and the “Tar Pit” – the blocks that keep us firmly in place.
Chapter 6: How Many Ways Do I Block Thee?
This chapter examines limiting beliefs in more depth. The unconscious parts of us that don’t want what we want, the old rules that get in the way, our beliefs about what is possible and what we are capable of, how deserving or worthy we are, our fears and anxieties and what we have unconsciously decided or expect.
Chapter 7: Finding The Blocks
This chapter introduces us to the “anti-goal” and how to use it, and our goal, to discover the specific blocks that are getting in our way. This easy step by step process will give us an overview of our blocks and limits. It also introduces Project Zero a way of clearing the resistance to clearing the resistance.
Chapter 8: Unpacking The Blocks
This chapter uses the overview of our blocks as a starting point to drill down in a bit more detail to find out what is going on at a deeper level. In this chapter we go from the general outline of the resistance to specific tappable issues you can resolve with EFT.
Chapter 9: Dissolving The Blocks
This chapter describes three specific EFT belief dissolving processes: the Simple Belief Neutraliser, The Belief Flip and Exception Tapping. Armed with these processes you can work on dissolving each of your blocks in turn.
Chapter 10: It’s Time To Get Moving
Clearing your blocks is not enough to realise your goals, you need to take action to make this happen. This chapter is about making a plan, listing what steps we need to take and taking care of any resistance that arises as we get close to doing what we need to do. We also learn the unexpected potential of the word “should” to stop us doing what we need to do, and how to neutralise unhelpful “shoulds”.
Important: This workshop is about the “Law of Action” NOT the “Law of Attraction”. It is not about mysterious manifestation of outcomes, it is about getting into the right frame of mind be able to do the work that you need to do to get what you want.
Where To Get The Book
Getting Out Of Your Own Way – FREE Preview
Getting Out Of Your Own Way, is a straightforward and thorough guide to uncovering and dissolving many of your hidden limiting beliefs and blocks – the ‘Resistance’ – the unconscious saboteurs that stand in the way of your progress. Chapters 1 – 6 FREE
Price: $0.00 (£0.00)
Getting Out Of Your Own Way – PDF E-Book
Getting Out Of Your Own Way, is a straightforward and thorough guide to uncovering and dissolving many of your hidden limiting beliefs and blocks – the ‘Resistance’ – the unconscious saboteurs that stand in the way of your progress. This version is in a high quality printable PDF format.
Price: $9.50 (approx £7.13)
Getting Out Of Your Own Way – Study Pack
Consists of the e-book and the following supplementary materials
- Three recordings of a live session using Getting Out Of Your Own Way. In these recordings I use the Getting Out Of Your Own Way process with Huw, a graphics artist who wants to create and present a polished portfolio of his work (a process that has been dragging on for many years)
- Checking the goal and discovering the blocks
- Unpacking the blocks – goal + Exception Tapping and the Belief Flip process on the blocks
- Unpacking the blocks – the anti-goal + Exception Tapping and Belief Flip process on the blocks
- Extra technique – EFT process specifically designed to do limiting beliefs that start “I can’t … “
- Getting Out Of Your Own Way in EPUB format for use on iPads, iPods and other ebook readers
- Printable workbooks for each project (in A4 & Letter format)
- Printable worksheets (in A4 & Letter format)
Getting Out Of Your Own Way Study Pack is available for $15.95 (about £10 / 12 €)
Both PDF and EPUB ebooks PLUS 3 recordings of Getting Out Of Your Own Way session with Huw, a graphics artist struggling to complete his portfolio. PLUS printable workbooks and worksheets.
Price: $15.95 (approx £11.96)
Getting Out Of Your Own Way – Paperback
Getting Out Of Your Own Way Kindle version
Buy the Kindle version of Getting Out Of Your Own Way here
For German Readers
Stehen Sie sich nicht länger im Weg
Stehen Sie sich nicht länger im Weg. (Kostenlose Leseprobe)
Stehen Sie sich nicht länger im Weg, ist eine einfache und gründliche Anleitung zur Aufdeckung und Lösung vieler Ihrer verborgenen, einschränkenden Glaubenssätze und Blockaden Kapitel 1 bis 6 KOSTENLOS
Price: $0.00 (£0.00)
Stehen Sie sich nicht länger im Weg. (PDF)
Stehen Sie sich nicht länger im Weg, ist eine einfache und gründliche Anleitung zur Aufdeckung und Lösung vieler Ihrer verborgenen, einschränkenden Glaubenssätze und Blockaden –der ‘Widerstand’ – das Unbewusste, die Saboteure welche Ihren Fortschritt behindern. Diese Version ist in einem hochwertigen druckbaren PDF-Format.
Price: $9.50 (approx £7.15)
Arbeitsbuch und Arbeitsblätter (A4) zum ausdrucken. (PDF)